Here at Thomas & Thomas, we have an opportunity for a CAD Technician /Trainee Surveyor to join us on a permanent basis. This is a junior level position with the chance to enhance your skills and knowledge of CAD and train to become a qualified surveyor. On a day-to-day basis you will have the opportunity to undertake surveys, site investigations and producing engineering drawings in AutoCAD.
We are looking for someone who can learn quickly, pays attention to detail and can consistently work to the high standard maintained by the team.
The role will be predominantly office-based and include work in the following areas:
- Producing and undertaking amendments to AutoCAD drawings.
- Assisting with the production of 2D AutoCAD drawings.
- Providing support to the team.
- Schedule of Condition.
- Planning and Building Control applications.
- Party Wall.
- Defect diagnosis reports.
- Planned Preventative maintenance reports.
- There will be an opportunity to assist senior surveyors and develop in the role.
- Technical knowledge of planning, construction and design.
- Strong IT literacy with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with people and integrate into the team.
- Self-motivation, responsibility and curiosity to learn.
- Experience in using AutoCAD, planning applications, etc.
- A Building Surveying degree would be an advantage.
- £25,000 per annum.
- Quarterly team outings.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays along with a company gift of annual leave over Christmas.
- Free use of the office gym.
- Access to the Cycle to Work Scheme and Technology Scheme.
Working at Thomas & Thomas
Thomas & Thomas is an independent partnership with an inclusive, honest culture, truly giving us a family feel.
We take care of our people. We believe that a talented and happy team of individuals who respect and support each other, will build lasting client relationships and deliver outstanding work. Whilst we are serious about what we do, we are quick to recognise commitment and reward creatively, celebrating people’s achievements in and out of the office.
Joining Thomas & Thomas will enable you to receive the best training and first-hand experience on offer. We want our employees to be inspired by the work they do and so we give everyone the chance to contribute to our exciting challenging portfolio of projects. London education academies, skyscraper developments, our local Borough Market, councils and boroughs across the U.K – this is just a snippet of the portfolio that you could be working on!
To find out more about what it is like to work at Thomas & Thomas, click here.